Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Success!

I don't want to make this long, but I'd like to highlight one of my good work friends and highlight his success and ongoing progress.

Back in the summer, a new hire came in at Freshii, where I work, and I was given the task of showing him the ropes and guiding him on his working interview. His name was Chris, and he was a bit shy and softspoken, and it turns out this was his first job. He was very polite and listened intently to my direction, and over the four-hour working interview, I saw that he would be a great guy to have around because of his willingness to work and his ability to be coached, and I put in a good word. He got the job and soon started on a regular schedule with us. Chris was a bit overweight, but seemed athletic, and we got to talking. I found out he had just graduated high school and was looking to further his education, and that was great. I asked him if he played any sports, and he said, "basketball."

"Are you going to play in college?" I asked.
"I'm tryin' to," he replied.
"Tryin' to?" I jested, "How would you like to be the best player on your team?"

He looked at me like I was crazy, and then I told him about P90X and what it had done for me. He was intrigued, and soon after this day I let him borrow the Plyometrics dvd. He ended up doing this dvd repeatedly, and over the course of a few weeks, he lost about 20 lbs! Then, he picked up the system, and I'm happy to say he's stuck with it and he's lost over 40 lbs total and is in great shape! Give it up for Chris everybody!! Anyways, he's going to start a second round of P90X soon, and also plans to start on Shakeology, the healthiest meal of the day, as a meal replacement program to maximize his health in all areas. I'm so proud of Chris among my other trainees, and these success stories make coaching all worth it! Check out more by clicking the title to this blog.Thanks for reading everyone! Go Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment