Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

And Many More...

Today is my wife's birthday, and I'd like to say "Happy Birthday!" I love my wife with all my heart, even though (and probably because) she drives me crazy. I'd also like to highlight a challenge we completed successfully together today. On New Year's, we drank and partied like many other people across the globe, and Jasmine had a bit too much. So much so that she was out of commission the entire day on January 1st. Maybe it was just a thought at the time, but later that day she said, "I think I won't drink until my birthday". I jumped on this opportunity and told her I would join her on this challenge, and we committed to doing this. There were some days where either of us could have hiccuped, but we stayed committed, and today we had a few drinks as well as some dinner that we wouldn't normally enjoy. Surprisingly, we didn't really binge drink, and didn't really want to. What's more is that today, I believe we both look at drinking as more of an occasional thing than an "every day off" or "weekend" thing. Just completing this challenge has transformed our mindset. If this small and relatively short challenge can change our thinking in this way, what can a challenge in the category of finances, nutrition, and/or fitness do for you in your life? Think about it, and visit my site. May you have many more years and many happy birthdays! Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment