Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Running Toward The Goal

In the bulletins at the church service on Sundays, there is a green insert called "taking faith home", with a biblical passage for each day of the week, prayers, and activity ideas. Now I will admit that usually, I just put this aside and get to the service, and go about my week as usual. However, I have been more and more in education mode and in the pursuit of self-improvement, I figured it was definitely relevant to take lessons from the #1 personal development and self-improvement book of all-time: The Holy Bible. There were many relevant passages this week, but Friday's stuck out to me, and I wanted to share it with you and what it means to me.

"I do not claim that I have already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving to win the prize for which Christ Jesus has already won me to himself. Of course, my brothers, I really do not think that I have already won it; the one thing I do, however, is to forget what is behind me and do my best to reach what is ahead. So I run straight toward the goal in order to win the prize, which is God'd call through Christ Jesus to the life above." -Philippians 3:12-16
It is amazing to me that just yesterday, I blogged about looking ahead toward the future, and this hit me again with a similar message. If we maintain the attitude that we are always trying to succeed instead of believing that we have succeeded, we will always give our 100% and will continue to improve in any and all areas of our lives which we apply this principle. Also, in sales they say, "have a short-term memory", meaning forget about the "no's" and don't spend too much time enjoying successes, but move forward and do more. The goal should always be ahead, and when you get closer, set your goals further and keep reaching. Well, I hope that passage did you as much good as it did me, and I'll leave you with this: Reach for the stars. If you fall short, you will still find yourself in the sky. Thanks for reading, and have a blessed weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. God bless you son! As a mother I always worry about the welfare of my children and all of a sudden they grow up and fly out of the nest. You hope and pray that they will choose the right paths, keep Christ first in their lives as We have tried to instill the spirit in you and let go and let God take care of them. I am so very blessed to hear that you have transformed your life not only physically and mentally but spiritually as well. The Holy spirit is dwelling in you and you are following Christ by doing all the right things. Our main purpose in life is to serve our Lord Jesus Christ. To follow and serve Christ is to serve others as the new covenant He gave us. What an inspiration you are my son not only to me but to others as well. Brings to mind Joshua 24:15 "As for me and my House we will serve the Lord". Also Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ".

    ReplyDelete