Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Moving On

Today while still recovering from this bacterial infection that has kept me inside for the whole weekend, I took the time to collect myself, come to some realizations, and move on. Let me explain.

First of all, I am very grateful to my mother-in-law and my brother-in-law for taking care of me and Jasmine while we were sick and taking charge of walking Lola and picking up the groceries, cooking meals, etc. This gave us time to rest and focus on recovery. That said, I took advantage of this time to read more of "Think And Grow Rich" and get some office work done, although I will admit this sickness has really taken a lot out of me. Today I was feeling the best of all days, and I think I'm about at 75% or so, optimistically. So I showered early, and took a few hours cleaning my office, which is located in the rear of my bedroom. This is a task that has been pushed back further and further, and today I was determined to get it done. Initially, I had set up my office for Crucial Graphics, Inc., my graphic design business. I had started to take on a few customers and had done some package design among other projects in the summer of 2008, before my home was flooded, but it was far from "taking off". My work is good, and I enjoy most of all working with my best friend who is a D.J. and producer, "Uncletone". However, now that I have been growing more and more as an Independent Beachbody Coach and helping more and more people to get healthy and working to make a living out of it, I have definitely sacrificed many of the things I have known in the past.

For a couple months, Yahoo has been sending me emails regarding my renewal of www.crucialgraphics.com. Recently, they had sent a final notice, and I made a decision to let it go and move on. I have been known to wear many hats, and now I have found something that I know that is consuming more and more of my time, and I need to do it to help more people reach their goals. In order to keep making this happen and grow even more, I have realized that I must give up things that have been a part of me, even if some of these things were good and somewhat promising. So today, I have cleaned and rearranged my office to reflect my coaching business and have moved the graphics-related things out of that area, and indeed, it is less cluttered and more set up for coaching success. As I told my wife the other day, "I need to organize my office because it is a reflection of how I run my business and how I run my life." Even if that is only slightly true, I should now see more of an improvement in how I work and grow as a coach. I'm ready. I hope you who are reading this can relate and may see some "loose ends" that you may need to cut before you can move on and grow further in your profession and improve your life even more, too. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment