Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Big Little Brother

Today I was at work getting ready for the lunch rush when a handsome young man in a suit strolled up to the counter. It was my little brother. He had an interview today downtown Chicago, and he stopped by for some lunch and to share the news that he got the job! He will be starting his new job in June, and I am excited because he will be working in the city and I will definitely see him more often.

What I really want to share with you all is the level of pride that struck me today. I'm not sure why this hit me so hard, but I was on the brink of almost tearing up. So much joy welled up inside me to see my little brother succeeding. Thoughts of growing up and of us roughhousing and playing outside brought about a nostalgic sense of wonder, and here we are now. It is a tough economy. These are tough times. Hell, I am inching my way out of some extreme financial troubles caused by the flood from '08, but I am optimistic. We have hope. You should have hope. Forget about the hardships that have happened in the past, but instead learn from them and persevere. You can do better if you believe you can. In health, in finances, in employment, in your relationships. In life. I pray that each of you can have a moment of hope that fills you with joy for the promise of a brighter and better future for you and your families. Thanks for reading, everyone, and God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your daily dose is making me tear up. But than you will say, mom you cry at everything. I know I do. I cry at national anthem, I cry at the graduation music, no matter whose graduation it is, I am definitely gonna cry in May when my baby, Mikey's big little brother graduates. My heart is overjoyed with the brotherly love I see in both of them and their perseverence and determination. I am so very proud of my boys. I can't express how proud I am (and of course their dad) of our boys. God has really blessed us with the two sweet, handsome young men that I can say are my very own. I just love them any words can ever describe. Chris, dad and I are so proud of you and your big little brother. I pray God will continue to bless you and bestow His choicest blessings on you guys, and contine to prosper in health, love, happiness and financial freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments and good wishes, i look forward to being able to see you more often Mikey.

    ReplyDelete