Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Decide 2.0

The following blog is meant to go along with the "Decide." blog that I recently posted. To avoid excessive citation, most or all of the following is taken from "The Power of Decision Making" from Tony Robbins' "Awaken The Giant Within"

A few quotes to start:

"Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth: that the moment one definitely commits onesself, then providence moves too."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"We will either find a way or make one" - Hannibal
Have you made a decision or simply stated a preference? For most of us, many of our "decisions" seem to fall into the latter category. Have you said, "I'm trying to...(quit smoking, lose weight, pay off my debts, etc.)" I sure have, and as you know, I have also finally learned how to make decisions based on ultimate goals and have stayed committed. I have finally quit smoking, and when I finally decided, it's true that there was no question that I had done it. Not because I was focusing on not smoking so much, but rather my mind was focused on being the opposite of what I was and being committed to my health for the benefit of myself and my family. This type of conviction is 100% mindset and nothing else, which I can't teach. What I can help you with is the support to get the job done. Through following a clear plan and committing to it, you will learn how to live properly, and if your mindset was not 100% before you started, it will change and develop. I am a huge endorser of evolution. I don't necessarily mean in the anthropological sense, but actually in a more global sense. Think about the auto industry. Every year or two, a different and newer version of a previous is made that reflects the technology and style of the present day and future. Small improvements are made year-to-year, and when you look at a particular model like the Corvette, for instance, from the fifties and a more recent model, you can recognize some of the original features, but the car as a whole has developed in a profound way and in all areas.

Think of yourself and your development. You are a different version from yesterday, but the changes are more noticeable over time. What did you look like 10 years ago? What were your values then? What are they now? What would you like them to be? Where would you like your life to be in the next 10 years? Now think about that seriously. That is your preference. Now it is time to make a clear decision to take a day-by-day approach to make that preference a true result of the decision you make today. It is never too late to start, but it is always too late to wait.

Your clarity in your decision making will give you power. Learn from all of your decisions, including the ones that don't work out in the short-term, and you will get better at it. Here's another quote that Tony points out:

"I am not discouraged because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward." -Thomas Edison
It's time to start making decisions directed by your own values rather than "going with the flow", and be in control in this way. It's time to evolve. Become the greatest version of yourself. Start today, and succeed with me. Thanks for reading everyone!

Get Healthy and Get Paid for it! You've seen the "decide" video. Now watch this message from the CEO and make a decision that will transform your health and your life. You're either building your dream or you're bulding someone else's. Start building your dream today.

No comments:

Post a Comment