Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kick Your Crutches

Today I have been preparing for hosting the fellowship tomorrow, where I am in charge of supplying foods and some beverages for people to snack on immediately following the church service. I made some healthy foods, and I plan on introducing a new culture of nutrition and fitness to go with the benefits of spiritual enrichment we all find at Berry United Methodist. It has been a long day of first working at my job, coming home, cooking, then preparing for my evening workout. My wife Jasmine had also planned to work out, and I suggested that she try out the Kenpo Cardio Plus workout, a new one from an advanced extreme home fitness program I have recently started called P90X Plus.

I want to talk about my wife and what she has overcome in her transformation. She, like many people in the world, live with Asthma, and needs to inhale medication daily in order to keep it at bay. That said, she continues to surprise and inspire me with her ability to stay motivated and perform at a level that most asthmatics would cringe at just thinking about. She admits she has limitations, but I remind her that she has been doing these very advanced workouts that are difficult for fit and healthy people to keep up with. She is not alone as she joins the many people that overcome obstacles that are built-in to them at birth. It would be easy for her and others to give up or concede to thier crutches, but instead they choose to kick these crutches aside and rise above them, becoming stronger athletically, mentally, and emotionally. In turn, this not only prevents them from being less-than-ordinary; it makes them extraordinary. This is one great reason that I join many "ordinary" people who choose to not make excuses and persist to swim against the current toward ultimate success. Will you swim with us or will you let the current float you away? Thanks for reading, everyone, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment