Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Why I'm Here

Many people are perplexed as to how I have changed my attitude and outlook on life. I get asked questions like, "How do you do it?" and comments like, "Wow, you are like a totally different person." Both are relevant, but I am here because I know that anything is possible, and I just want to share that feeling of accomplishment with others through health. I truly believe that there is nothing more important than health for quality of life and success in other areas as well. I have such a profound appreciation for nature and the gifts that we can receive from the Earth through fruits, vegetables, and grains and I just really love life.

Mainly, though, I do this for others. I don't feel I motivate people. I'd rather believe that each and every one of us has reasons why we need to live healthier and better lives, and I just want to help uncover that. I want to think that I can help uncover that spirit and life within, and help people become who they want to be: essentially, the best version of themselves. This blog is particularly inspired by a text message I got from a friend and past co-worker. His name is Chris, and I met him about a year ago when he came in to work at Freshii. He was polite and shy at first, but he really opened up, and he ended up becoming one of my favorite people to work with. He really took to my advice and responded to my coaching. He ended up losing a lot of weight, and I enjoyed every time I saw him tightening his belt and shrinking in his large clothes. The transformation he and other people have experienced makes it all worth it for me. Below is the actual text message I got yesterday.
"Finna take a Big Step in life man, I'm enlisting into the Army...I have been thinkin long and hard about this decision...I just want to thank you 4 all u have done for me over the past year man...u helped me lose weight the healthy way, gave me advice on life, taught me how
2 keep striving...U have done so much...Decide Commit Succeed! I wanna thank u Mike, u r an inspiration...idk if people tell you that a lot, but its always a good thing 2 remind you. Much Luv Mike*"

I can't describe in words how rewarding it is for me to receive a message like this. Truly, the changes that Chris went through inside are much more profound than his physical transformation, and I know he will continue to grow and see great success, and I'm not goin' anywhere! Thanks, Chris, and good luck in another leg of your journey that is life. Have a great day, everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment