Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Stretch Your Understanding

Yesterday I learned a bit about stretching clients out for flexibility, relaxation, and excellent service. Let's face it, it's nice to be taken care of! Anyway, some positions were tricky, and I realized myself that I am tighter than I thought. I believe I do plenty of stretching in my own routines, but I realized that by getting assistance in stretching, there was more isolation, deeper stretching, and an overall better stretch. If you haven't been stretched out by someone else, please contact me--I could use the practice anyway! Click on the title to this blog to visit the Equinox site, and if you are in the area, come see me at 900 N Michigan.

I also want to take a moment to discuss an aspect of myself I am learning more about. This personal training thing is still new to me. Yes, I have coached people, being more of an advisor and mentor. Now I will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with clients and design custom programs to help them reach their goals. Awesome. I do realize right now that my level of ambition exceeds my level of skill, but my manager and the rest of the team is very helpful, and I will have to lean on them for support and knowledge. There was a handout (one of many) that had some info on my approach. Also, it contained an assignment that is very relevant, and I'd like to share the three questions of my personal value proposition with my responses here.

1. Why Equinox? Equinox is the pinnacle of fitness clubs and training. It's a fitness club that feels like a 5 star resort. We are 110% client-focused and dedicated to taking care of people and getting them results. If you are a personal trainer, Equinox is where you dream of building a long career and can be recognized as part of the elite trainers in the nation. Education is paramount, and Equinox supplies ongoing training and support above and beyond other clubs to be able to provide service that is the best in the nation. 

2. Why Personal Training? Personal training is where I find I have evolved to. Personal training will allow me to educate, challenge, and commit to others. I believe personal training is necessary and relevant for everyone, including myself and other trainers, if even to spark new ideas, understanding, and education. Personal training is a growing industry tasked with leading the fight against obesity and poor national health.

3. Why Me? My own results are a product of following a program, and it has inspired me to want to build a career on helping people take control of their health to improve their quality of life. I believe that I can help many people find that they already possess the reasons for living better, healthier lives, and I want the opportunity to bring that out and help them reach their health and life goals. I am here to serve people, and I believe, as Zig Ziglar puts it, "If I help enough people get what they want, I can have everything I want." My passion for living a healthy life has already inspired many, and I am just building a career on sharing that passion with others, which is a liberty I greatly appreciate and value.


Have a great day, and thanks for reading!


Disclaimer: The thoughts and ideas in this post are 100% my own and not necessarily that of Equinox, and should not be thought of as a representation of Equinox, but only of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment