Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lights Out

Sleep. We know we need it, and sometimes it's hard to come by, right? I don't typically have an issue here, but sometimes Jasmine and I are on different schedules, and I will admit that having the T.V. on and a light or two all night can break up my sleep more than a quick bathroom break. I decided to try a sleep mask. I ordered one the other night on the Amazon I-phone application when I experienced insomnia, and I tried it out last night. Worked wonders. Jasmine was watching T.V. but I managed to fall asleep within minutes of having the mask on. I was actually into the show, too, but there's something about total darkness that must have an effect. I did wake up once for a bathroom break, but I was able to get right back to sleep, and although I missed my morning run at 4:30, I got up a little after 5 feeling great. I plan to continue wearing the mask, and I'm sure I will almost be able to schedule my accurate sleep and wake time.

Sleep, a form of recovery in my mind, is essential to your daily functions, and I would recommend at least 6.5 hours at a minimum and as much as 7.5-8 if you feel you function better. Schedule your lights out time, and use a mask if you need to. Dr. Oz recently had a show featuring a Doctor who gave tips and recommendations for getting to sleep. Click on the picture below for some info straight from the Dr. Oz website. Hope it helps! Thanks for reading everyone!


At some point, we've all experienced at least a few nights of too little, or restless sleep. Many of us are familiar with the consequences of one or...

No comments:

Post a Comment