Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prepare For The Worst

I believe one of the smartest philosophies is, "Prepare for the worst, and hope for the best." I can also say that I've not always done this myself, but I still try. This comes to mind because it's been storming all night, and some of our (mine, my family, and my neighbors) worst fears seem very close to becoming a reality once again. The river is the highest it's been since the flood, including scares in December of last year and one or two other times. It's just about up to the sandbags that have been making their home along the border between my property and the gate that separates the river. Scary stuff. That said, I must try to remain calm, positive, and strong, and keep preparing for the worst. I have prayed, and I am asking you who are reading this to pray for us as well. The craziest storms seem to have been overnight although it is still raining, and the flood watch does not end officially until 4pm. I have alerted my gym that I would be late, and I will continue to prepare both physically and mentally for the worst possible scenario. I sincerely hope and pray for not only myself and my family, but for those who are already experiencing flooding, for my neighbors, and for all those nationally seeing any kind of hardships. It's important to always put your situation into perspective. Can I afford to deal with another flood? No. Not hardly. But I will count the blessings that I do have as I have much to be thankful for. Ok, gotta go continue preparing. Pray for us. Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment