Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just Be There

I am in week 2 of my career as a personal trainer, and it's awesome! For now I am still focused on mastering knowledge, techniques, and I'm also meeting many members and getting to know trainers as well. Mainly I have been "on the floor" which means I am keeping the gym "picture perfect" by aligning weights, maintaining cleanliness, passing out towels, and just "being there". That's exactly what my manager had told me I needed to do to be successful. As simple as it sounds, it's true. Through the great leadership, I've already gotten comfortable with the fitness assessment which is the first step when dealing with a new client. I've done two of them already for potential clients and they went really well! I am already developing programs for my new clients and hope to help them with there results very soon! Both clients were the result of me just "being there" and being attentive to the clients' needs.

Just "being there" is as simple as it sounds, and it definitely carries over into other areas. For example, to get fitness results, people have the hardest time with the easiest task: showing up. But if you show up and just do the activities planned, you will find you will gain the motivation to continue and often you will perform extremely well. And you will get results. At your job, half the battle is just getting to work, right? You know what your role is, so all you need to do is get your butt to the office, restaurant, construction site, or wherever else you work and then it's just about your routine and being productive, which may actually seem autonomous after a while, right? So, if you can do this in your work life, you can surely "be there" for yourself. Next time you feel like you want to stop exercising or you want to eat unhealthily more than a treat here and there, "be there" for yourself and remind yourself that your being able to show up and be responsible for your attendance will pay off. Be there physically, mentally, and spiritually, and you will...get there! I'm here for you, too! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment