Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Family Day

Took a day today to first be there for my mother-in-law who had a minor, but necessary surgery. This morning she had 3 bumps (which we still aren't sure what exactly they were) removed from the top of her head. Surprisingly, when we entered her room after the surgery was over, she was alert and lively, and you couldn't even tell she had anything done. What a blessing. Jasmine and I came home, had some lunch, then headed out to Bolingbrook once Jasmine's mom was settled. Some of my nephews were visiting from Houston this week, and it was great to meet and spend some time with them. They are two boys, 10 and 12, which really reminded me of my brother and I, and they were some great looking kids. (They're family, though, so no surprise, right? lol) It's always great to see my parents, and I am glad to have been able to spend time with all of my family today.In the midst of playing the dancing wallet game and struggling in some areas of my life,  I feel so blessed to have my parents and family happy and healthy. I often think, "I must be the happiest broke guy around!" In all seriousness, folks, cherish your family and the important people in your life, because without them, the struggle and rewards that result from overcoming the struggle are surely not worth anything. Have a great night, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment