Search This Blog

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Programming Language

My brother-in-law, Victor, is a computer engineer and right now he works for a growing company in charge of developing software to handle disaster recovery, which is pretty awesome I feel. This kid has always been very intelligent and great at finding solutions, especially when it comes to electronics, computers, or anything with technology really. He has great attention to detail which most would call "anal" but I have recently exchanged that term with "extreme discipline". Anyways, we have discussions here and there and what's kind of funny is that both of us have found each other bartering services with one another. I am proficient in using a computer and several professional types of graphics and imaging software, etc, but when it comes to the technical stuff, it's like reading hieroglyphics to me. With Victor, he has learned a lot as I have through home fitness programs such as P90X and Insanity, but he has recognized as many do now that I am a fitness professional, and though I am still learning as I always will be, he has come to me for advice and solutions for his situations such as dealing with work and travel scheduling, working around minor injuries, and surgery recovery. The funny thing is that though we both are in totally different professional fields, we are both "programmers" of sorts. He programs software in order to deal with economic problems, and I program fitness and nutrition schedules to help people improve their health. We do the same thing, just use different languages really. I realize this is lighter content in terms of my usual blog, but I wanted to share some insight into my family life today. Have a blessed Sunday everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment