Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If The Man Is Right, The World Is Right

A couple days ago, I decided to pick up a new audiobook, "Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude". I highly suggest either the audiobook or regular book, whichever is better for you. I am getting into audiobooks because they are easy to incorporate into itunes and listen during work commutes. Self-development and improvement is essential, and we must always keep learning. This book contains guidance to exactly what the title states, and there is a story I'd like to share from it. Please read this story, get inspired, then check out the audiobook at www.audible.com!
One Saturday, a minister was trying to finish writing his sermon under difficult conditions. His wife was out shopping, it was a rainy day, and his son was restless and bored with nothing to do. Finally, the minister picked up an old magazine, thumbed through it, and found a brightly colored page with a map of the world on it. He tore out the page, tore it into bits, and threw the bits all over the living room floor. "Johnny, if you can put this all together, I'll give you a quarter." He thought this ought to keep Johnny busy for a long time. But after just 10 minutes, there was a knock on his study door. The minister was amazed to see the pieces of paper neatly put together and the map of the world exactly as it had been. "Son, how did you put that back together so quickly?" the minister asked. "Oh," said Johnny, "it was easy. On the other side of the page was a picture of a man. I just put a piece of paper down, put the picture of the man together, put another piece of paper over it, and flipped it over. I just figured if I got the man right, the world would be right." The man smiled and gave his son a quarter. "And you've just given me my sermon for tomorrow."
If the man is right, his world will be right. Have a great, positive day and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment