Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

Holiday Recovery

What a weekend. I hope you all took advantage of some lovely summer weather; I know Jasmine and I sure did. We got out to the dog beach on Saturday for a couple hours, then yesterday we went to the park early and chilled out with friends at Foster Beach in the afternoon. Well, we weren't really on the beach, but we were at a park on the other side of Lake Shore. The beach was absolutely packed! I'm sure there were people there since the morning and quite possibly some since the night before. There was definitely no kind of parking, and I was real happy we decided to take the bus. All in all, we got our share of sun, and we may have gotten more of our share of brew and drinks. I guess we got into "party mode" and did a bit of celebrating on a couple days. So much so that Jasmine came back from a bathroom break with a couple of abrasions. I'm glad she wasn't seriously hurt, but this morning she realized that those were evidence that we got a bit carried away. She created a mandatory punishment for herself:

"I won't drink again until these scars are healed." 

This will serve as a lesson learned, and I am also going to abstain from drinking until her scars are healed too. I don't mind, and actually, I enjoy taking on challenges with others. It offers them additional support, and I am able to challenge myself with a criteria that I haven't set, which takes any cheating I might be prone to do out of the equation. Try it out. If someone you know is struggling with a goal or states they are trying something new such as a diet, training for a competition, or simply a period of abstinence from drinking or other guilty pleasure, take on the challenge with them! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment