Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catching Up

Last night we went to the Sox vs. Royals game, and it was a great time. The "Good Guys" won, but the game itself was not that exciting, but our group of friends had a good time hanging out at the park. I'll tell you I am blessed to know the people I do. In particular, I got a chance to catch up with my friend Brian who I haven't seen in a very long time although we have caught up a bit on facebook. Brian and I used to be best buds in high school, but we kind of drifted apart as friends, then after high school (like many people) we pretty much lost touch. It was great to see him, and he looks great! His wife came along, and it was great to re-meet her (we went to the same high school as well), and I also got to hang out with my good buds john (also whom I've known since high school) and Drew who's been a friend since college. It rained a bit at the game which forced us back closer to the wall in the nosebleeds, but it certainly didn't put a damper on the game. It was the fellowship for me which brought the value to my tickets and overpriced brew.


Health Notes from Game Day
I am not ashamed to say I had a few beers at the game and indulged in a few not-so-healthy snacks. Listen, people, it's not about being perfect all the time. That said, I am not downplaying the importance of being disciplined in your diet and routine. The way I look at it, if you remain disciplined for 6 out of 7 days of the week with your fitness and nutrition/diet, you can plan an evening to not worry so much and be social. You will find a few things out. One thing you will realize is that you definitely cannot perform to the best of your ability by eating a regular diet of high-fat, high-sodium, highly processed foods nor will you have the desire to do so. At least that's my realization. The problem is that most people don't share this thinking because they are used to eating unnatural, unhealthy foods often and in excess, and it becomes an addiction. Think of it like holiday eating. On the holidays most of us plan to eat and drink socially, and we for the most part don't worry too much. The problem is that this mentality carries over. In my past life, I had been so used to just eating without regard to nutrition that it seemed every day was no different from the "holiday" mentality. If this sounds like you, the issue is that you have not identified a goal (or don't have one) for your present or future health, and lack a plan or program to get there. That's where personal training and coaching come into play, and I'm here to help. Please contact me for assistance, and I'll be more than happy to consult you. If you have a group of friends that want to join you in getting healthy, please contact me. I will be more than happy to do a home workshop for all of you, and I have some exciting options and a spectrum of solutions to accommodate everyone. Keep up the hard work, everyone, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment