Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Have Faith

Every day we face new challenges, and also it seems month-to-month we find ourselves in different financial situations. It's been hard for my family to keep up at times with bills and so on, but I know that soon we will be headed back up the hill. I know that if I keep my focus on staying healthy and helping others get healthy, I will reach my financial goals as well as my fitness goals. Even so, at times it is hard not to get stressed out, and surely many of you share this feeling. I will tell you like I tell myself, "have faith". There was a verse that I was reminded of that I can't remember exactly, but in doing some searching found a different but relevant one I'd like to share.

"For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised." -Hebrews 10:36
Wow. I actually looked up "need" on bibleresources.org and this use of the word is not the same as the verse I had in mind. Nonetheless, it seems to apply to my situation, and I'm sure it will apply in many of yours. Also, apply this principle in smaller situations for your goals, and it is simple to understand, but so true. Perseverance and patience is required for us to do the work needed to achieve the results we want. Zig Ziglar says it this way, "We must be before we can do, and we must do before we can have." In relation to health and fitness, admittedly it is hard to keep going when you are not seeing immediate results. But you need to keep doing the right things not only to get the visible results, but also to establish and maintain proper health and wellness. And when you are focused on that, you will be able to do what is necessary to have the healthy life you deserve and desire. Think about it. What are some other areas that you can apply this principle? Please share your thoughts. Otherwise, have faith, and keep up the good work! Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment