Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Taxed

Like many of you, I've been facing a tight money situation lately, and though I am optimistic that my situation will improve, I have been avoiding dealing with various fears of what lies ahead. Being the second Sunday of Easter, in church today we went over some scripture and our meditation dealt with the happenings after the rising of Jesus. There were three aspects we reflected on: those who are fearful, those who are confused, and those who have doubts. Obviously, we all could fit into any one or more of these groups at a given time, but today I most strongly saw myself as having some fear. I normally passively stay in my pew when there is some interactive content or extra activity, but today I chose to light a candle to address the fear that I have been having, and I made a decision that I would take more action and trust more in God and my family for support so that we may get to the better times through faith. Also, this evening I finally sat down, gathered up my paperwork, and filed our taxes for 2009. With days to spare, I faced my fears of what might be revealed and/or simply facing the tedious task of filing taxes. To my delight and amazement, we will be getting a return that far exceeds what my expectations were, and more importantly, we will be able to catch up on some bills and possibly get ahead in other aspects. I have a renewed faith in the future and my fears will soon subside and I will be able to accelerate myself, my family, and my team into this summer with a great deal of hope and faith for the future! Praise God and thanks to everyone for continued prayer, support, and...thanks for reading!! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment