Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Birthday "Fit" for a Mom!

Today my mom turned 67. I went out and visited her, my brother, and my dad, and we were able to spend time together as a family for lunch which was great. I am so proud of my family and the love that we share, and I am happy because a united family nowadays is rare. The love from God shines through, though, and I owe a lot of that to my parents. As all families do, we have had our share of rough times, and surely there are greater challenges up ahead which we will deal with the best we can. My mom looks so good, and she is so full of life at this age. She has survived breast cancer, two knee replacement surgeries, brain surgery, and a slew of other illnesses and operations. But still, her faith in God and her love for people in general give her an unbelievable attitude and passion for life that I strive for and model myself after.

After lunch, my mom and I visited her friend Barbara and her daughter, Dr. Andrea Noey, a chiropractor/colonics daughter/mother team! I will talk more about this in tomorrow's blog, but our purpose was to meet and touch base with them regarding setting up an initial, then possibly a monthly seminar regarding Team Beachbody and fitness and health solutions to help her patients achieve greater health! What could be better! Keep an eye out for an announcement soon on our fitness workshop/seminar. Working with my mom and building a life based on helping others is a dream, and I am so happy that things have happened the way they have. Overcoming obstacles and facing the challenges we have faced has led us to this point, and for that I wouldn't change anything. Happy Birthday, Mom! Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment