Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Goodie Bag

Today I stopped off at Fleet Feet Sports in Lincoln Square to pick up my first "packet" of the year. This is a bag with information, my specific number tag for the race, my shirt, and of course, ads from sponsors and other fun materials [for the Ravenswood 5k this Sunday]. I am excited because this is my first official running event ever, and it really sets another milestone in my mind for what I have accomplished and for what I can help others to accomplish by sharing. If you've read some of my previous blogs, you will know that I have some lofty goals for this summer as far as athletic events, and this one kicks it off. As much as I am newly returned to the athletic world after about 10 years or so of living a sedentary lifestyle as an obese individual, I am so excited and anxious for what is about to come. I also am doing new things in terms of my business. I have new coaches/trainees that are getting their feet wet, and I can't wait until they, too, experience more and more success, and I am excited to be here for them. So this goodie bag today represents a lot for me. It's like my Easter basket, I guess. I encourage all of you to get out there and get some goodies this summer!! Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment