Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"One Dollar, Bob!"

Today my neighbor and friend, Marc, called me to let me know I had one a little contest he and his wife were having. You see, his wife Tania went into labor and today they had their highly anticipated baby girl, "Elli"! What a joyous day it is! Anyway, they had a guessing contest to see who could guess closest to the date of birth, weight, etc, and while many people stuck with a date around the doctor estimated date, I undercut them and picked May 1st. Today was the day and I went with my Price-Is-Right philosophy of "One dollar, Bob!" and won.

As much fun as that was, I want to take a moment to highlight Marc and Tania as an example couple who we have the pleasure to share the building with. Marc and Tania are a younger couple who have career jobs, love each other very much, travel to visit family on holidays, and are very conservative and make sound, calculated decisions which has done them well. Marc is younger than me, but somehow I feel I look up to him for leadership in terms of getting stuff done around the condo, following his demeanor in terms of how he plans and organizes himself and how he treats his wife, and so on. Not to mention he is a cyclist and I dream about having a bike like his one day! Tania is a sweet, caring woman with similar values as Marc, and there is no doubt these two will be Super Parents! My wife and family is excited that we know them and also to be pseudo-uncles and aunties for the new baby!

Praise God that the baby and her parents are healthy on this day and that we will have many future birthdays to celebrate with them on April 28ths to come! Thanks for reading everyone, and keep this family in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment