Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Perspective

This morning I dropped my wife off at work and headed to the lakefront for a morning 10K training run. It was a bit chilly, but I was glad to see the sun shining and not a cloud in the sky. I ran along the trail, and as I did, I marveled at the beauty of the city and the lake. The sky seems bluer, the air fresher, and the skyline more majestic than I had remembered. Is this the same city as last year? Of course it is. I am different. My perspective has changed. How I see things is constantly evolving, and I appreciate life so much more now that health is my new addiction. I wish I could share some of the rush that running for personal records every time has given me. I am new to running, so really, every run has been a personal record, (or PR as it is referred to by runners). I wish others could sample some of the bliss I felt after the run during my cooldown as I breathed fresh air and faced the sun as I stretched with some yoga. Feeling the warmth of the sun on my face with my eyes closed as I relaxed and absorbed the moment was utterly euphoric this morning. I hope these descriptions may help you to experience some of the peace among all of the chaos in your life, because the peace is there. The hope needs to be there for you, and the hope is what will inspire you to better days. Nothing is impossible everyone. Thanks for reading and have a great Saturday! Also, please take a few minutes and listen to the power call from this morning! (posted below)

No comments:

Post a Comment