Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Great Friday

Today went extraordinarily well for me. It was a lovely day outside, for one. 80's in April in Chicago? Sunny? And I got off work an hour and a half early? I came home, had an awesome INSANITY workout, got all the grocery shopping done for the day, and was on time to pick up my wife and bring her home. That's the shortened version, anyway, but I did reflect on the significance of this Friday. Good Friday. One of the most significant if not the most significant day in Christianity. This is the day Christ made the ultimate sacrifice so that I might learn how to sacrifice. How blessed we are to have such an example to live by. I do want to tie this in to fitness and health, so I will. If there is ever a time where you ever think you can't prioritize your health because you can't make a sacrifice for it, think about today and what it means. Think about what you would sacrifice for the sake of the ones who love and care about you. If you can't do it for yourself, do it for them. So, for today and every day, reflect on the sacrifices you need to make and keep making and remember that someone has always made greater sacrifices. Whether you believe that person to be Jesus or someone else influential in your life, it is important that we remember. Have a good...Great Friday! Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment