Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Take a Deep Breath

I won't lie. Today's blog is a make up...(I'm writing on Sunday, May 02). This weekend has been especially hectic, and I have to admit I let it get away from me a bit. I have gotten a lot accomplished, including cooking several great meals, getting shopping done, taking the dog to the groomer, church and a meeting after church, a 10-mile run, and dropping and picking my wife up from work on Sunday, (which is the day I'm writing this). I figured the best way to make up for a blog is to tell you what my thought process is when I'm feeling overwhelmed. The tasks and things I need to get done kind of feel to me like when you're playing tetris and the music speeds up and the blocks stack up near the top of the screen. "Ahhh!!"

(As I'm writing my dog is going nuts which doesn't help the anxiety)...Breathe in. Breathe out. Forget about what you haven't done when you wanted to do it and focus on creating a concise plan for tonight and the rest of this week to get everything done. I thought of this when I was driving today and breathed it out. I feel better. It's okay to get off track, but it's not okay to stay off track, so if you're off, then get back on and keep running! Breathe it out and take the necessary steps to make it happen. What I will focus on this week is not trying to stack everything up in one night. Rather, I will focus on getting one or two important and necessary things done each day, and writing those in my to-do-list and making sure I cross them off on the day I set out to do it. I need to get back to the basics by scheduling my tasks as I schedule my workday, meals, and workouts.

Please post your methods and ideas to help us all out with how you deal with your "task-stack"! Thanks for reading everyone, and have a great, productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment