Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Don't Change Your Mind

This morning on the way to work, I listened to yet another Zig Ziglar recorded podcast that brightened my morning and my outlook for the day. It was actually a podcast about closing a sale, and one idea caught my attention. Zig said that when someone says "no" they will never change their initial decision. When I heard this I immediately raised an eyebrow. Zig went on to explain. When people say "no", they are making a decision based on the facts that they were given and their opinion based on those facts. However, when new facts/information is presented it is possible for the person to make a new decision based on the new information. When thinking about it this way, it makes perfect sense. Think about it.

Another aspect Zig mentioned is that salespeople or successful people tend to be convinced that what they are selling (or the product/service they offer) is absolutely necessary and that everyone needs or should take advantage of it. I laughed because I definitely feel that everyone can benefit from and need help in the areas of health, fitness, and nutrition, and this is exactly why I do what I do. I honestly feel that health is one of the most important things to focus on for everyone and that good health and nutritional/fitness practices are absolutely essential for living a good life. I often times tone myself down to prevent people from thinking I'm nuts! But I am very serious about helping people achieve their goals, and I won't stop. I try and learn more and more not so people change their minds or buy something. No, that's not the idea. My hope is that people learn something new or make a new decision based on new information that brings out the motivation and/or reasons they need to get healthy for their benefit. Are you looking for new information or more reasons to get healthy? Take a few minutes and look around for new information. Find out why we are the fattest country in the world. Find out why heart disease is the number one killer in America. Find out the truth about how animals are treated like prisoners in concentration camps before being slaughtered and why it is dangerous we eat the product of that. Find out how farmers, animals, produce, and consumers are controlled by the food industry as a whole and how we can all make small changes to eventually make things better for all of us. So don't change your mind. Just make a new decision. I'm here to help. Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment