Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Teamwork and Communication

First off, congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks for winning the Stanley Cup! Whoohoo! I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I love this city so I'm excited we have a championship team back once again! There's a lot to be said in what had to go into the perseverance, hard work, and dedication to win this championship. Hockey depends on each individual doing their job as well as all of the players working collectively as a team. Communication is so important in many aspects as well, and without the two elements, there goes the winning season. That said, Go Blackhawks!

During my normal workday, I use a monitor to know when to set up items for Dine-in customers as well as those to-go. I am able to print out a ticket for each order and that is how my team members know where to deliver the food and bag up appropriate items. Yesterday during the lunch rush, I was in my zone. I was distributing well and my team members and I were working well together. All of a sudden, my printer malfunctioned so I couldn't print any tickets. This quickly created chaos and I called for help. My general manager, Judy, quickly came over and took charge. Together, we talked through the orders, manually wrote down ticket numbers, and systematically got all of the food expedited as quickly as possible. With proper communication and teamwork, we were able to prevent a huge drop in the level of customer service and get through the rush. I appreciate the support of my leaders as well, and as you can see, when it is utilized it is a powerful thing.

Look at your job, your health situation, and your other goals. Identify times when it seems things are going well and when one piece of the puzzle seems to break down causing problems. How have you reacted? Didn't the times when you had adequate support, communication, and teamwork all turn out better than the times you were forced to deal with a problem by yourself? Lean on your support system, and work on better teamwork and being a better teammate to others. It really will make a huge difference. Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment