Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Essentials

A friend and neighbor starting P90X soon had a great question that I thought I would answer in this blog. She is trying to decide whether to get the P90X Results and Recovery formula or Shakeology or both. Simple answer: if you can afford both, get em both! Truth is, people, these are two different but very essential supplements. The recovery drink is designed by Beachbody to go with extreme fitness workouts such as P90X, INSANITY, Turbofire, and definitely endurance athletics such as distance running, biking, triathlon, etc. Immediately after you have exhausted your muscles, depleted your electrolyte levels, sweated out water, and basically abused yourself for the sake of fitness, your body craves nutrition. The Results and Recovery Formula delivers the optimal nutrition along with some extra vitamins and a bit of creatine for exactly what your body is asking you for. It will help you regain the energy you have drained as well as help rebuild your muscles with protein and decrease muscle soreness as well. I live on this stuff, and actually I use it on my distance runs even during the race by diluting it in 4 times the water and tossing in some of my pre-workout nitric oxide booster/energy formula. It helps to maintain a level of hydration along with a bit extra. It's basically my Superman Gatorade, if you will.

Shakeology, on the other hand, is a whole food meal replacement shake that is second to none in proper nutrition all-around by containing over 70 whole food powders, which contain so many nutrients straight from actual berries, roots, and other plants, highly superior to any lab vitamins you can find. It helps you lose weight, maintain a healthy weight, improve digestion, regularity, mental focus, energy, and mood. I eat the best foods possible in my diet, and I still feel that Shakeology is something you can't afford not to have.

The main thing, people, is you can be healthy and perform well without either of these, and if that's what you feel your budget dictates, then you should still try to do your best given your resources. But I urge you, if your budget is not an issue or you can replace some of your spending (keep in mind if you are buying lunch out you will save money as Shakeology comes out to about $4/meal) then I will say you can't afford not to implement these in your daily diet. Please contact me with any questions you may have regarding these or any programs, nutrition, etc. Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment