Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Re-Group

Last night I had the pleasure of sitting in on a Leadership Council meeting at Church. I am not part of this committee, but they invited me last night to share an idea that I've had brewing. I really want to integrate fitness and nutrition as part of a fund raising program for my church and to help people enrich their lives by being healthy and taking control of their lives. Now, recently Beachbody, the company that I represent as an Independent Coach, came out with a not-for profit coaching opportunity, which I thought would tie right in. I was excited to share this approach, which is a bit different from selling candy bars or having a bake sale, but would create a program to market the Beachbody experience and give the church an opportunity to raise funds through this vehicle as well. I really wanted to share a presentation that I would do weekly, but I really wasn't allotted the time for that. I had a whole packet of info, and went over the information, but it seemed the committee is having a hard time endorsing the plan as what it is. I appreciate the time I was given, and am still gathering details to share, but I may not be able to integrate this program as layed out, judging by the response I got.

Needless to say, I was a bit drained and saddened by both my ability to communicate the idea as effectively as I saw in my head, and also that there wasn't as positive a response as I would have liked. Last night and early this morning, I was up thinking about the steps I need to take. I will not be discouraged because maybe it is the wrong approach, but I am confident I will find something that fits and is comfortable. Not necessarily the Beachbody opportunity, but I would still love to donate my time to providing workouts, cooking workshops, fundraising opportunities such as raising money for athletic events, etc. There are so many ways that something can and will work, and I need to take a breath, step back, and regroup. So this is a major challenge for me, and you may experience challenges like this in your personal lives and/or in your professional lives. The important thing is to realize that your ideas, even if rejected, aren't necessarily wrong. You just need to re-group and create something that fits with who and what you are working with. Overall, your attitude and your input will determine your output and your results. So maintain a positive attitude, conduct yourself with the highest level of sincerity and integrity knowing that your heart is in the right place, and surely you will be able to help many people, including yourself. Thanks for listening to my self-reflection. I am happy to have gotten that out, and I feel better. Thanks for reading everyone! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment