Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Early Bird

In an effort to continue to challenge myself as well as shave a few more fat percentage points off to get extra lean for competitions this summer, I have decided to start "doubles". Based on my current work schedule, I plan to get up a bit early to do either a run or leave early for a class at the gym before work, and I also plan to do P90X strength workouts, an extra intervals session, and a yoga session after work as well. This way, I'll get my running in as well as jump-start my metabolism for the day. Today I ran for 20 minutes including some 100 meter sprints in the middle, and I got home around the time I would otherwise have woken up. I feel good so far, and there's no doubt this will enhance my training. If you are ready to take your training to the next level, I would encourage you to try to fit in two workouts a day instead of trying to work out over 2 hours. That can be excessive and not necessarily as effective. Also, getting in some cardio and/or interval training upon waking can help jump-start your day so you get the "after-burn" effect through lunchtime. If you are having any issues with your schedule for any reason, please contact me and I'll work with you to find a solution. I'll update on these doubles periodically to let you know my challenges, feelings, and results.

Tonight we are having another Power Call, so please join us! Power calls are conference calls for anyone who would like to discuss their challenges and successes for the past week, discuss things coming up, and basically just check-in with our growing team and get some morale boost to power through the week! Please join us by calling in! Here is the info below:

Monday Evenings 6:30PM Central Time
Dial-in Number: 1-712-432-3100
Conference Code: 314779

I'll try to get in around 6:15 so if you'd like to you can jump in early and get situated. Thanks for reading, and I hope to "hear" you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment