Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Difficulty Mixed With Opportunity

You might be familiar with the title of this blog. I heard this from Jim Rone, and the quote seems to stick. I've written about this before, but just now as I was looking through some Facebook posts, I realize that the posts even reflect this thought. Some people have positive posts, some negative, some hopeful, some pitiful, and some just silly. And usually the people change but the mix is the same. Life, right? The only thing we can be certain of is that we will get this mix of difficulty mixed with opportunity. And although we can say that some times are better than others, is there really a time when we are faced with absolutely no issues? (If yes, than congratulations, you are on your own island! lol). All joking aside, we must learn to be better skilled, as Rone goes on to say, than to wish for less problems.

One of my good friends, Scotty just posted on Facebook, "so many projects........ so little time and money". I couldn't help but smile in empathy. I feel you Scotty! There is so much going on and/or so much I need to get done and want to accomplish and there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get it all done. Many of you are nodding your head "yes" and can agree. I guess whenever I feel like my whole head is under water like this, I first recognize it, then breathe. It's amazing how oxygen helps your brain work! Now, I prioritize what I need to get done, and formulate a plan. Now, this plan could be notes in my phone, a list, or a laid-out schedule with times and days on the calendar. I would love to hear some of the ways that some of you cope with getting it all done or that feeling of being overwhelmed by situations, circumstances, and higher ambition than ability. Please post comments! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment