Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just Like Dad

I want to take a moment to wish all the dads a Happy Father's Day! I love and appreciate my father so much, and I really feel for those who didn't get the chance to have a good relationship or know their father. That said, you who are less fortunate in that area have had your own unique life experience because of it, so don't hang your heads. Remain strong and strive to provide a better parenting experience for your children. That said, I often think about something my dad said to me a few years ago. He told me, "Mikey, I'm sorry we couldn't give you more growing up." He was referring to his perception of our money situation, however my brother and I had a great childhood. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I will tell you it started with something like, "Are you kidding me?"

Dad, here's a message directly to you: I am so grateful that you are my father for so many reasons. First, you are never scared or ashamed to show your love. You were totally committed to Chris and my health, activities, and our family life when we were growing up. Also, you love our mom and really showed us what being a husband and a father is all about through your example. You and mom went out of your way to get us into sports including biking, baseball, football, and other activities, and I will never forget the family vacations we took in the summers. There is absolutely nothing that you could have done to be a better father, and the best thing I can do is to be the same father to my children, with my own style, of course :7). Thank you so much, and Happy Father's Day! I love you Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Mikey and Jas, you gave us the best surprise by coming to the Brook on father's day. We came home from church and seeing you, Jas, Chris and Lola was the best father's day gift you, Jas and Chris could've given to dad. Like you said about how dad isn't afraid to show his emotions, which shows how much he loves his boys. Of course we always miss Mark on father's day, but we see Mark's love in you boys too. We love you boys more than we can express in words. Jas is the best daughter any mom could ask for . We want you to be happy and healthy and make us the best grandparents we can be (when it is God's will)and Chris will be the best uncle ever. We are so proud of our children. Talk to you soon. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete