Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Take Advantage

It's been a stretched week for me this week, as I have been waking around 3ish to get to the gym by 6 and have had intermittent appoitnments and shifts throughout the day, so I've been getting home and to bed closer to 9pm. Today and tomorrow are also scheduled similarly, but not quite as crazy as Monday and Tuesday. This morning I got up and started getting ready. I don't have any floor shifts today, and actually only have 3 sessions. One in the morning, one mid-day, and one at 6:30pm. So I planned to drive, then come home and get in some office time and perhaps a run, weather permitting, before I went back. I have become a man of routine, so I made my tea, had my Shakeology, and sat down to write my blog. I got an email from my 6am client stating she would have to reschedule. This actually works well for today as it gives me the morning off. Then I thought, "Should I go back to bed right now?" I could, I guess, but I thought of the routine, and I decided to not change anything. I almost waited to make my usual 2+ cups of coffee, but I decided to take advantage of the extra time and get some things accomplished now and maybe rest in a few hours. The real killer of my daily accomplishments, if any, would be procrastination. (I'm sure many of you would identify with this.) If you find you have some extra time in your schedule due to cancellations, think about the time and how productive you would be during those appointments, and take advantage of the extra commute and/or appointment time to maintain your level of productivity with different important and urgent tasks. What have you been meaning to do that haven't had the time for? There are certainly plenty of things to get done and never enough hours in the day, so take advantage, drink your coffee, and make it happen today! Have a great day, everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment