Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Yelp Brunch

As I mentioned yesterday, I completed the Chicago Half Marathon. I beat my previous time though my goal is to break into the 1:20's for that distance. Anyway, I have done a few runs, and we have been creating sort of a tradition of going out for brunch after leaving the race/festival. My mother-in-law has been joining me solo on these last two events, which we had to get up real early for. Yesterday we decided to go some place different, and we found ourselves on Clark Street driving through Andersonville when we came across Charlie's Ale House, which had a weekend brunch sign. We decided to try it out. It was very clean in the dining room and the bathroom, and we were served right away. The coffee was delicious, fresh, and hot, and the food was the same. My mother-in-law got Salmon Benedict which had a generous portion of salmon, soft poached eggs, and just enough hollandaise for flavor, not smothered like in typical waffle houses, etc. I decided to get the breakfast burrito, which was little more than a generous portion of scrambled eggs, onions, bell peppers, and some beans, which I asked for. There was not a drop of grease or oil to be found which was awesome, and the roasted salsa went well. The potatoes were great, and again, no grease! Afterward, we even split a few pancakes with some fresh fruit, and those were fluffy and delightful as well. (I treated myself!!) We will be going back there for brunch again...I gotta run more races!! Stop in and try Charlie's out as it is a more refined alternative to the usual greasy spoon. That's my yelp moment! Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment