Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

2 Day Realizations

Today and yesterday I have been going through a Shakeology cleanse. This is a high-nutrient, low calorie 1-3 day cleanse which helps the body work the "junk" out of it and also gives a cleaner, lighter, less bloated feeling. For me, the nutrients I have been receiving through the Shakeology, fruit, and other allowed meals have been sufficient. The hardest part is the caffeine withdrawal. I feel sluggish, slow, and my mind has been drifting. I even fell asleep on the train a few times which I haven't done in a while. I've been getting enough sleep, but I know that my morning coffees have become quite a routine, and not such a non-healthy one either. I feel the caffeine keeps me alert and on my toes, and 9 times out of 10 I don't opt for an afternoon coffee so I'm not up late for no reason. The withdrawal from coffee for 2-3 days definitely helps to bring my tolerance back down and helps "reset" my system, but I find it has hindered my ability to work and perform at a high level. I am going to finish up tonight and go back to somewhat regular eating habits, including my morning coffee. The concern here is not for myself really, but more for my clients. They need me to be on my "A" game at all times, and I don't plan on letting them down because I want to challenge myself to deprive calories. Also, I am ready to continue putting the miles on to prepare for the marathon. 10-10-10 is the date...I can smell the finish!

Do you live on coffee and other processed foods? You may need a break, and I do suggest trying the Shakeology cleanse for at least 2 but no more than 3 days. Make sure you aren't working, though, as the withdrawal from coffee and other "energy" drinks as well as the severe calorie restriction may leave you tired, unfocused, and with a headache. You will definitely enjoy the day 4 breakfast, and you will feel lighter and more refreshed!  Let me know if you have any questions, and contact me for support. Thanks for making a commitment to your health and to yourself, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment