Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Endless Rewards

When I began personal training, I admit that one reason was to have unlimited access to the gym for my own benefit as well, however, I have found it has been challenging to train myself the way I want to while making sure my clients are taken care of. I don't have an issue with it because it has been so rewarding to witness even so far some of the changes that my clients have undergone. Some of my clients have already been able to lose a bit of weight, become stronger, and have increased their endurance. Those are the physical changes, though. The changes that have been more profound and noteworthy are the internal, mental changes. Recently, one of my clients called me to postpone an appointment but told me what he had planned to do on the days we would not see each other. Another client has been seeing results by doing workouts and exercises that we had gone through, taking classes, and simply changing her habits. She is noticing results, and we are progressing, and she has stated her own realization that her mindset is evolving, even stating improvements in posture, lifestyle, and work performance. These people have made a true commitment to their health, and I am so excited to be a part of their lives and achievements.

Do you love what you do for your clients in your business? Do you love helping people? If so, you would agree that the sacrifices you find yourself making are easy decisions. It is well worth it to see someone else develop and be part of that development. Service to others leads to greatness, as paraphrased from so many leaders. We can do good for ourselves, which is fine, but when we help others and more importantly empower them with knowledge, self-confidence, and purpose, the rewards are endless. What can you do today to make a positive difference in someone else's life? You'd be surprised, but even a smile to a stranger on a crowded train, opening the door for someone, or helping a tourist find the way to his/her destination are a few small ways that make and "O.K." day into a great day. I hope you are excited for today; I know I am! You have a wonderful day, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment