Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Solutions Not Sales

Many of you admittedly are in sales. Acutally all of us are selling every single day! Selling ourselves, our ideas, our wants and needs even. Do you have children? They are some of the best salespeople there are! Think about it--when was the last time you had to convince someone to go to one restaurant over another? Movies? Shows? The list goes on. Odds are you either downplayed the other choice and/or explained how and why the choice would benefit the other person, right? How successful are you at this? Some of us are real good at convincing people we care about to go one way on certain topics, but at work sales are mediocre. If this is you, then you must be using different techniques! If you are selling products and services, then stop! Ask your prospect questions. Divulge a bit of information about yourself. Learn about them, their personality, and why they are talking with you in the first place. Also, think about it this way: When you go bed shopping, do you really want a bed? No. You want a good night's sleep, right? And that's precisely what you buy, especially if the salesman is good. He/she will explain why you will sleep so much better, have less back pain, and be healthier on a particular bed, right? Today I will be grocery shopping. I am buying food, but what I'm really buying is nourishment for my body. I'm buying fuel and athletic performance. I'm purchasing energy, really. And I am sure to buy the absolute best forms of energy I can! Not to turn this into a blog about nutrition today, but what type of fuel are you buying? 87 octane or 93? Think about it next time you go shopping, and I'll leave you with this:
"You will make much more money and be much more successful solving problems than you will ever be selling products." -Zig Ziglar (I believe I heard it from him anyway)

Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment