Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stay Committed

You recognized at some point you weren't where you wanted to be. You saw what things could be like. You made a decision to improve, and you may have taken some steps activity-wise that will help you get there. Now it's on you and your commitment to yourself. So how committed are you? One of the questions I ask all of my clients is somewhat of a multiple choice, and goes like this:

"Which of the following best describes your commitment to your goals?
 I wish to... I hope to... I'd like to... I'll try to... I want to... I'm committed to..."

So where do you stand? If you can't say "I'm committed to" without hesitation, it's time to analyze your motivations. Why do you want to reach your goal in the first place? Whatever that reason is, it should make you hunger for success. Then when you can truly commit, nothing will be able to stop you. This includes sacrificing many things, possibly even things you are doing on a daily basis. But you can't expect different results if you are doing the same things, right? That's enough from me today--check out this article by clicking here or on the title to this blog. This article is about your commitment level and is from my Daily Spark newsletter. Sign up for health and weight loss support at sparkpeople.com. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment