Search This Blog

Friday, September 10, 2010

Home Team

I can't say enough about the importance of working together with your spouse and/or family members. Working together effectively will create a home that you want to be in, and it will enhance all of your relationships. Today I got the chance to spend yet another day with my wife. She's had the last 3 Fridays off which has been great. Usually, I go grocery shopping myself, and I don't really mind. Jasmine has been coming with me, and we've been getting everything done as well as spending some much needed time together. Also, when we got home, I put the groceries away and did my thing in the kitchen while she vaccuumed and conducted her usual house chores. She came back after to assist me with getting some dishes cleaned, and we shared some snacks as well. It was such a great thing to realize that our relationship is sound, and I attribute that to both of us, and our willingness to work together and make individual sacrifices for the good of our "team". I just saw a recent post by a friend on facebook that he and his wife had recently split up. So many people that have great histories together have been getting married and separated/divorced in a relatively short period of time, and I will venture to say it has a lot to do with one or the other or both not being willing to do the little things and make those necessary sacrifices to help their marriage evolve and grow properly. This same concept translates to the workplace and other relationships. Communicate with your "teammates" about the aim of the relationship and what each of you should do to make sure it succeeds. You may have different ideas than the other(s) and vice versa. Get on the same page, and play as a team, and your lives will be enriched and you will appreciate each other much more as well. Marriage is not easy, but then again, it wouldn't be so great and worthwhile if it was. Have a great day, everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment