Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Little Things

So far my life as a trainer has been nothing short of awesome. I'm meeting new people every day and getting countless opportunities to change lives. I work some floor shifts where I am scheduled to be at the gym walking the floor, meeting people, and helping tidy up the place. Floor shifts are as close to an hourly job as it gets in the gym, but the best part of my day is when I take the blue shirt off and replace it with a black one, indicating I will be training clients. I call it "Batman Mode" (lol). Anyway, when I have these opportunities, I get excited at the chance to help someone learn something and to be part of their transformation story. Everyone has goals that they need to reach. I understand firsthand how difficult it is, and as I've been working more and more with people, I am working more and more outside of the gym-learning and preparing for my planned sessions. I create presentations, assignments, and of course, workouts and schedules for my clients. My objective is to keep them engaged. Some would tell you that I inspire them. I truly believe that this is not the case, but that I actually help them find inspiration they already have within themselves. I am already noticing progress in some of my clients that have only been working with me for a few weeks! Improvements in strength, flexibility, and endurance have been noted, and when I'm writing the numbers down I really get pumped up! The most important improvements are the ones I am not writing down. The changes happening inside are much more profound than any physical improvements. The difficult thing for me as well as my clients or anyone else working on a longer term plan is simply, patience. I know that success comes after time, people will shift their lifestyles and become better, and that is true in the business sense as well. It's not about making huge changes here and there. Success happens when we do the little things that need to be done each day, and by continuing to progress and persevere with a positive attitude with a relentless discipline. What little things are you doing to improve your health, your business/career, your relationships...your life? Think about some small tweaks and adjustments you can make to better yourself, and make it happen! Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment