Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

Tone Easier

Yesterday after church, my mother-in-law and I stopped into Famous Footwear. She needed some shoes and accessories, and I wanted to browse around the running shoe area and try some stuff on. Some innovative and stylish shoes by Reebok caught my eye. "Easy Tone" technology by Reebok places two air pods on the bottom of the walking/training shoe to create instability. The idea is to mimic the same idea that training on a bosu or balance ball would, and apply that to your every day routine to help strengthen your butt, hamstrings, and calves. I also checked out some Run Tone shoes, which are also by Reebok but designed for running. Similar to the Easy Tones, Run Tones create imbalances by placing soft air pods on the soles of the shoe. The runners differ by housing more of these pods so your run feels more like you are running on sand. I am intrigued by this technology, and when my budget dictates, I'd love to pick up a pair and integrate them into my run. There are so many technologies for walking and running these days, and I encourage you to explore and look into the technology that may be best suited for what you are doing. From a seemingly barefoot feel (Nike Free, Vibram Barefoot Technology, etc) to an unstable but cushioned shoe (Easy Tone, Shape-Ups, etc), there is a wider and wider array these days. Please chime in and comment if you use an innovative footwear technology and the pluses and minuses so we can get real feedback. Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment