Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

On Top of Things

Well, I'm into week 3 already at the gym, and things are starting to ramp up. I've gotten some fitness  assessment appointments from new members as well as one or two incidental people I've met on the floor. I am developing my understanding of my role, and how exactly it will be when I am "full-time". I'll basically be working when other people are not. People come to the gym before, after, and on their lunch breaks from their daily jobs, and that's completely fine with me. I feel as long as I have my laptop I'll be able to get in some office work in between, and I've already started to bring it on a few days, including today. Yesterday was exceptionally long because I had an appointment at 6AM followed by my floor shift double. I could have gotten off at 3, but I scheduled another appointment at 7PM so I didn't end up getting home until around 9:30! Wow it was a long day. Good thing, though, that the floor shifts--the whole job really, is flexible in that I could reschedule today in order to get in some much needed sleep and rest. What I've been doing to stay on top of things is keeping an updated outlook weekly calendar with shifts, appointments, meetings, and even my own workouts. I am scratching in things that I schedule, taking notes, then re-printing a fresh one each morning with the necessary changes in place. I really must place organization on the top of my list in order to remain successful and professional. I know this blog was more about my experience with my new job so far, but please--post your methods for staying on top of things and how you keep organized in a chaotic and ever-changing work atmosphere! It will help me and others! Thanks, and have a great day everyone! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment