Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hippy Milk

In my quest to now find alternatives for unfermented soy and refined/processed soy products because of my evolution and education, I examined various products at the supermarket to be a milk replacement. Oh I loved the taste of vanilla soy milk, but those days are done. (for more insight please check out my blog "No Joy Soy?"). Examining a few labels, I decided to try organic almond milk, which was low calorie and seemed a tasty alternative. I also chose to try Tempt, which is milk made from hemp seeds and claiming benefits of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids as well as fully digestible protein. Still low-calorie, and it seemed a better choice than rice milk, which seemed higher in calories and carbohydrate than I would have liked. The almond milk didn't taste bad at all, however it seemed to have no body to it, and I used over a half-cup of it in my coffee, so I figured it wouldn't be economical. I tried the hemp milk, which is also low-calorie, but the calories come from the unsaturated fats, so it did have a bit more body. According to my nutrient tracking, I'm not getting all the fat I need to prevent injury and cellular repair, so a bit more from this source is fine with me! The hemp milk does have a slightly odd flavor, but there are great benefits, and I will surely get the hang of it! Click the title to this blog and follow the link to find out more about the benefits of hemp seeds and hemp milk! Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment