Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Spa Therapy

Yesterday I had the chance to meet with one of the veteran massage therapists at our spa. We chatted for a while and also discussed a client we have in common. I learned more about some of my clients issues by talking with the massage therapist, and it really helped. We also discussed the importance and relevance of spa services as they relate to aspects of fitness and health, and how combining various treatments with fitness training has great benefits to the client. We also discussed how many trainers miss the boat here. One of the first things I did was visit the spa to touch base with them so I would know how to refer and who I should refer to. I think it's crucial to get a feel for all areas of my fitness club to ultimately take better care of my clients. Joseph, the therapist I was conversing with, explained to me that there are several trainers that are simply not friendly. Some of his clients that talk about their trainers, and sometimes, Joseph has never met or had any conversations with these people. It's kind of sad, really. Think of it this way: if you are in a family sharing a home or living with other people (or have experienced a multi-person household in the past) you would most likely be in contact with everyone, right? It would be silly not to get to know the people you see on a regular basis. We all talk to each other at some point, and it's great to get to know everyone better if at least to have a sense of who your dealing with. Same concept here.

Anyway, the conclusion here is that spa services aren't just for pampering yourself when you have nothing else to do with your money. They can be valuable in your recovery and for improving your mobility, flexibility, and well-being. I noticed just yesterday that one of my clients who has neck issues had amazingly more flexibility and much less of a knot in her worst area. This I can attribute to her recent massage, and she loved it, too! So I appreciate the work that our spa does, and if you are in need of spa services, I encourage you to click on the title to this blog to check out the spa services at Equinox. Have a great day everyone, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment