Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Losing Everything

Money problems? I know I have some. What else? (Please refrain from naming them all off in your mind! But I feel you!) In the process of getting aquainted with my new clients, I have recently been telling my "nutshell" story of how my life was great, things were going well, and then we got flooded and "lost everything". Many of you know the rest of the story--how that flood served as the catalyst for myself and my entire family learning to live active, healthy lifestyles. This entry is not about that though.

I want to go back to "losing everything." Again, we are still recovering from the deep financial hole dug by the flood, and currently, my wife and I have had some serious discussions. I am so blessed that we have such an understanding regarding our situation. Today marks our third wedding anniversary, and we have been together for over 10 years. We've been broke, rich, and back together, and through it all have kept the love strong. In fact, I tell people what I feel--it keeps getting better with each new day. So I've really re-evaluated the phrase "lost everything" because in my mind, as long as my wife loves me and my family is healthy and happy, I have everything a man could ever want in life. I'm arguably the happiest broke dude you'll meet. Thank God for this day! It's a glorious day to be healthy! Have a great day, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment