Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

No Clients Left Behind

As part of the membership package, new Equinox members receive a complimentary Equifit fitness assessment and a follow-up complimentary personal training session. This is beneficial for the client because they get a better idea on how to pin down their goals, find out where they're at physically, and also get a taste of what it's like to work with a personal trainer. It also benefits the club and the trainers as an ice-breaker into personal training, and it's the main way I meet potential clients. Some people when asked, "Why are you here today?" will say something like, "It's part of my membership..." or bluntly respond, "I'm not interested in training..." My take is this: I will learn from the experience by treating everyone like a client. I perform a full assessment and plan a program for each client as if to assume they will be working with me for a long time. This way, I don't short-change anyone, and who knows--they might even change their minds.

Often times, salespeople and/or professionals in a "people business" sell themselves short by making assumptions that people won't buy or pick up their services. Well, if you lead your potential clients away, they will go away. If you engage and draw them in, treating them like valued clients and showing them value, they may follow your lead and realize that there is true value for them in what you are offering them. I urge all of you to be assumptive--assume that each client needs and wants your services. (If you are successful at what you do then you should actually believe this in your heart.) Also, don't create issues or product-dump as it will get you nowhere. Instead, ask questions and uncover real needs so that you can find valid and relevant solutions for your potential clients, and the value will turn them into clients for life. I believe 100% that everyone needs a certain level of training, and I am determined to leave no clients behind because I don't want to miss the opportunity to profoundly impact another person's life in a positive way.

If your strategy is simply to avoid losing, you have already quit on yourself. Play to win! Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment