Search This Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Milestone Week

"Congratulations, you've just completed 366 workouts." I just read that as I sat down to write this blog. I am referring to WOWY, or "Work Out With You", the online virtual gym where I and thousands of other people across the country who are Team Beachbody members log and schedule our workouts. I just actually got back from a nice trip to the park with my wife and dog where I got in some Yoga and stretching on a beautiful Sunday morning. I had planned to jog to the park and do some Yoga since it was so nice, but my wife asked if I could wait for her and Lola and we could all go. I thought about it for a moment then quickly agreed. I realized that my family is the whole reason I began caring about my personal health to begin with, and there is nothing more important and rewarding than being healthy with my family and spending time with them. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in activities we are in the practice or habit of doing, but another thing Zig has taught me is to not confuse activity with accomplishment. Activity is necessary and important, but only if there is a reason behind it. And when that is realized, and you can enjoy the experiences you set out to enjoy, such as spending time with your family, relish those moments and cherish them as victories.

Referring back to the title of this blog, there are a lot of things constantly in the works with me, and this week is huge. It is a coincidence that I have officially logged over a full year's worth of workouts in the online gym, and that's not including rest days, so it's been more. But if I stacked all of these workouts logged in a row, I would end on the same day of the year, which is a big accomplishment. Also, I am missing church today, which was not planned, but I have things in the works there as well. Soon we are planning to launch "Berry Fit" an outreach and movement that will combine fitness, fellowship, families, and fundraising with the goals of enriching the lives of the church members and the community through health, fitness, and nutrition education, contests, workouts, workshops, etc., and I can't wait to get that off the ground. I just received a message from a huge supporter, church member, and friend, Paul, who is actively working with me to help get it going. Thanks, Paul. Tuesday I will take and pass my NASM Personal Trainer Certification exam which will allow me to become a Certified Personal Trainer, bringing me more credibility and raising my level of professionalism as a Beachbody Coach. To finish it all off, This Saturday I will run in my second official organized race, the Fleet Feet Sports 10-mile Run at Soldier Field, which will be awesome. It's gonna be a busy week, and I encourage you all to set short and long range goals for yourselves, as it is necessary and important for your growth as a well-rounded individual, and I promise you will learn a lot about yourself and exceed even your own expectations by doing so. Thanks to everyone for all of your support and the biggest thanks I can receive is being a part of your success, so KEEP PRESSING PLAY!! Thanks for reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment