Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Award Winning Service

Today was a great day to work. We were better than well-staffed as we awaited the visit from our President and other big bosses. We were extra on top of things today in preparation, and I am new, but I was confident. My training to this point has gone well, and I have been taught to do everything the right way anyway, so there was nothing in our normal service that I felt was questionable. When they arrived, I felt very comforted by the fact that there was a clean, composed gentleman with a huge smile that was the President of our company, and he made sure to shake everyone's hand and greet us like we were guests in his home.

But I don't really want to focus on that in today's blog. I want to talk about the main event from today, in my mind. My co-worker and friend Patrice was given an award for her outstanding commitment to serving her guests, and it was well-deserved. My managers had nominated her for this award, apparently her 5th one. Now why did she receive this award? Quite simply, she treats customers like they are guests in her home. Not only that, if you visited our restaurant and she helped you out, you would swear this was her home and she believed you were her child! Patrice is a living example of how to be a great success, and it reminds me of some points and philosophies of Zig Ziglar. Here's one in particular:
"You must be before you can do." -Zig Ziglar
Patrice does well because in her heart, she genuinely cares about the well-being of others, and it shows in the level of hospitality that she delivers. So here's to Patrice! Congratulations, "Big Sis" on your award, and I love working with you! Thanks for caring! If you are in the loop and want to be taken care of properly and have a great lunch, come by the Corner Bakery on Washington and Wells...and ask for Patrice! Thanks for reading everyone!

Disclaimer: The thoughts and views expressed above are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corner Bakery, other employees, or any of its affiliates.

No comments:

Post a Comment