Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Early Day

Today I need to go into work early, so I'm also writing this blog a bit early. Which led me to a thought process during the week and especially yesterday. "How do I adjust my routine in order to get it all done and still be comfortable?" Some of you might be on a consistent routine like I am, while others are constantly shuffling around with different and chaotic schedules. The latter I feel for but regardless, it's all about planning in advance. I'll share what I did and what I do that helps me.

First, I stuck to the script on getting my lunch together yesterday. This way, it's ready to go, regardless of what time I leave. No excuses to buy lunch, and even though we make great food at work, I can cut costs when bringing my food and have more control over the nutrition as well. Next, I adjusted my sleep a bit. Rather than stay up til 11 or 11:30 (which is still a bit too late for my tastes, but allows me to get office work done), I instead got to bed by 10:15 or so. I usually get up around 5:15, but today I got up at 4:15. However, I usually have breakfast between 5:30 and 6 am, then blog and do some office work before leaving around 7am. I shuffled a bit here by grabbing a cup of tea, and I'm getting my office work in first so I can have breakfast around the same time and make my wife's Shakeology on schedule as well.

Talk about scheduling...my adjustments are nothing compared to hers. She gets up around 4/4:15 to get a workout in before showering, "shakeologying", and heading to work for a 12 hour nursing shift. And she has still found ways to get in her snacks and meals through the hustle. So if she can do it, I can do it, and you can also do it. Please post comments on how you adjust for your "early days" or other scheduling as we need to lean on each other for ongoing support! Thanks for reading everyone and Happy Friday!

An added announcement: I will be running in the Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10-miler tomorrow morning, and my start time is 7:15am! Wish me luck and if you're an early bird or can adjust...I'd love to see you after I finish! You can sit in the stands and watch me finish (my goal is around 8:30am or so) on the jumbotron! Thanks to everyone for all of your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment