Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Don't Be Discouraged

Recently, one of the coaches on my team let me know she hadn't reached her fitness goal, and didn't win her contest. Also, I have a feeling she may have returned a home fitness program due to discouragement. I have no doubt she will bounce back as long as she stays positive, and I haven't given up on her by any means. Also, I'm sure all of us can attest to times in life when we can easily get discouraged in a situation. What have you done to lift yourself back up? What have you done to encourage others to lift themselves back up and keep going? These are important things. A person doesn't become successful without failure. Actually it is quite the contrary. We learn more through failure than success, so although we are focused on success, we must view failed attempts as setbacks and not failures at all. I read that Thomas Edison made thousands of potential lightbulbs before finally producing a successful bulb, and I think he is quoted with saying, (and this may be paraphrased a bit),  
"After every failed attempt I was not discouraged because I knew that I was that much closer to success."

It doesn't matter how accurate the wording is there, but you get the point. We must keep this mindset when attempting to reach our goals. It is the learning process that will help you grow as an individual, and when we continue to grow as people, we are then capable of great success. So keep your heads up everyone, and stay positive. Help the people you care about as well by encouraging them and letting them know you are there for them. That support is so important, and it's also great to have people who care about you to celebrate your success with you! Thanks for reading, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment